Monday, November 24, 2008

RS Together Forever

So my boss has given me a two year old filly by a mare named Tie It Together by his stallion Missin Lena. I've been working with this filly since only the middle of October and can't believe how amazing she is! I've never broke a horse on my own and have been very scared of getting bucked off since a bad accident with a three year old i had bought a couple years ago. Anyway this filly hadn't been handled since she was a weanling except for a couple weeks last year. The first couple days we just lunged her with the saddle on and then i got on her. She was loping around the round corral on only the fifth ride, and now we are loping around the covered arena and working circles and sliding stops! Our goal for her is to run the poles, barrels, and keyhole next year at Pinto World in June. Will keep updating on this amazing filly!

0 comments: